sábado, 17 de março de 2007

Discography: Compilations

Various Artists Season of Snow and Ice Zaft 037

(http://inhell.com/eskaton/zaft037.html)


Tracklisting:

Disc 1: Snow

ctephin - Carol ov the Bells
Black Saturn - Make a Joyful Noise
Karl Bösmann - Phonomorphozz
chalkwhitehands - Water Like a Stone
djs - Oh Holy Night
Conure - Ralphie Goes AWOL
DQN-kun - All Alone for Christmas (Cold Mix)
Humidex Meat Theatre - I Saw Three Warships (There Won't be Snow in Afghanistan this Christmas)
Learn, Artist! - Joy to the World
Simulacra-The Warm Glow of the Coldest and Darkest Day
Suspicion Breeds Confidence - The Underestimated Complexity of Christmas
Goose Disembowelment
Goose - Jólsöngur


Disc 2: Ice

Bardoseneticcube - Toyzmass
Megatone - Eden 2007
C/A/T - Christmas Evil (Gets an Upgrade)
Flutwacht vs. Praying for Oblivion - Beobachtend
God Flight - Oh Holy Night Yeti - The Season
Hrönir - Thousands Amplified Sunshines in December
humanextermination project - Robot Factory Christmas
mami - Just Get Through the Night
Kenji Siratori - Snow Dive
Tote Stadt - Cold Mourning
Gorgonized Dorks - I Only Get Underwear and Socks for Christmas
Stolen Light - Some Toys Don’t Get to be Christmas Presents
Tonal Y Nagual - The End
Orange - Christmas in Dixie (Featuring John's Neighbor)
Dead Man's Hill - Endless Wintertime



This year's compilation brought a bounty of goodness. But still no .V.L.A.D. the Impaling Machine. I really wonder what happened to him. A bit more mellow than I thought it would be, but a lot of fun. For me, some of the standout tracks this year were ctephin's rendition of "Carol ov the Bells," which is a piece of stunning elegance and wonderful drone, and Kenji Siratori's spastic "Snow Dive." I have no idea what he's saying but he certainly says it with feeling. No matter how out of place it seemed on the compilation, I really enjoyed Dead Man's Hill's "Endless Wintertime." Kind of reminded me of Mortiis and bombastic as hell. The best title I have seen in a long time comes from Gorgonized Dorks: "I Only Get Underwear and Socks for Christmas." I think we can all relate. The song "Christmas in Dixie" by Orange is a destruction of my friend John's neighbor destroying the song all on his own. I just provided the last nail in the coffin. As always, it was nice to have familiar artists like Suspicion Breeds Confidence, C/A/T, and Conure aboard along with plenty of newcomers. Hard to believe that this is eight years in a row. Lucky for all of us, it's still a lot of fun.